Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NaNo '13: Rolling Star

Rough character design of the Rolling Star cast. Design is not final.
(From left to right: Alien #1, Alien #2, Alien #3, MC, Alien #2's human form)
I'm so sorry for being way behind on replies/comments. I have been sick for the past few days...that, and college and NaNo. /cries

I've been rather secretive about Rolling Star (originally dubbed as "April Fools game") due to my indecisiveness over whether or not I should participate in NaNoRenO this year. By the time I made up my mind, it was already March 21st. OTL;; 

Not sure if it would still be worth it to make an LSF thread for this anymore, but I decided to mention it here because I finished the script yesterday. Huzzah! Currently, it's 10,341 words in total, though it might get longer (or shorter) once I edit the script. I only have to worry about finishing the sprites, CGs, and GUI as fast as I can, which I'm really hoping I can finish on time due to the timing of the date...the good thing for me though is that unlike HM!, this game only has a single pose for each character lol.

This game is weird...and wacky...that I still don't know what to make out from it? It was quite a fun ride, but it's also painfully hard, mostly because I had to make sure I met the req's of my friend's challenge. OTL Since it's somewhat spoiler-ish, I'll write about the challenge after I release the game.

P.S. The characters' haircolor are very much inspired by these delicious-looking ice cream. ;_;

No comments:

Post a Comment